Wednesday, October 10, 2007



Have worked on the SOS project, finished the first hint Sunday. I hope I can keep this up! The yarn is Knit Picks Shadow, color Oregon Coast. I'm using size 4 KP Harmony needles, they are working out great! They're not as slippery as metal, and not as grabby as bamboo. I love the colors, also have tatting shuttles and lace bobbins made of this wood.


The beads have a pinkish inside and brown stripes. They pick up some of the heathery colors in the yarn.




I learned alot from MS3 about lace knitting, that has made this project easier for me to get going. Charts are my friends, they let me see if I've made a mistake or if the stitches are lining up like they are supposed to. Putting beads on the stitches with a crochet hook works very well. Oh yes, I'm using the skp decrease on this. There were 2 choices, ssk or skp, I decided the skp would work best for me.

I still need to go look for stainless welding rods to block with, there are a few places to look locally. It will be a while before I need to use them, though.

Now to wait for friday and the next hint!

No comments: