Saturday, August 02, 2008








Mystery Plant








While hauling weeds from the garden a couple days ago, I discovered a few plants I had not seen before. They look like they're in the orchid family. The flowers are small, and are shades of pink and yellow. They are growing beside the driveway in a shady location.
If you have any ideas about these sweet little flowers, please leave me a comment. Thanks!
Many thanks to my friend Jane for identifying this lovely little plant as Helleborine! Sure hope it comes back this spring.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I think the plant may be Helleborine - Epipactis helleborine
I saw it at the CT Botanical Society web site. Very Beautiful!!

Jane

Sumac said...

thanks, Jane!

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

I believe Jane is right, and what a lovely plant it is. I was almost ready to swear it was a strange type of Trillium, but the foliage was all wrong.

But the REAL question is...


can it be used for dyeing?!?

LOL
Connie