Monday, May 04, 2009






Spring is sprung

The grass is riz

I wonder where

The flowers is






They are in my garden for one place! This is my favorite time of the year, seeing all the flowers coming up and blooming. I find I have a lot of early flowers here. This is a double bloodroot that I got from the Putney Nursery many years ago.



Sad to say that they are no longer in business.










This trillium looks

pretty with a little spray of

pulmonaria next to it. The pulmonarias are happy in my

gardens and have self sown in multiple places around the yard.

Don't remember where this white trillium came from. It took several years to get established and bloom.
Planted asparagus last week. This is an investment in the future, as none will be harvested this year, just a little can be harvested next year, and more the following years. Gives me something to look forward to each spring!
Today I planted snow peas. These are dwarf plants, only 1.5-2 feet tall. Tomorrow I will plant the others, they are taller.

No comments: